Hey, people from Orange County! Ashley Ludwig here with your brand new edition of the Orange County Daily.
First of all, the weather forecast for the day:
Fog in the morning; cloudy, cool. High: 73 Low: 64.
Still, no surfing, fishing, boating or swimming south of Seal Beach, officials said on day five of the oil spill that wreaked havoc in Orange County.
Here are the best stories in Orange County today:
Today in Orange County:
- Adult Education Committee Meeting – Beth Sholom Temple (2h00)
- Orange County Elections: Security, Integrity and Audit (9:00 a.m.)
- Virtual Interview Simulation: Onsite – Anaheim Workforce Connection (9:30 a.m.)
- Javier Garcia, representative of the Santa Ana College (10 a.m.)
- Fire Truck Story Time – Huntington Beach Public Library (10:00 a.m.)
- One-stop orientation: Onsite – Anaheim Workforce Connection (10:30 a.m.)
- 1st and 3rd Thursday Leads Group – Greater Irvine Chamber of Commerce (11:45 am)
- Room 101 – Fountain Valley Chamber of Commerce (12:00 p.m.)
- Chess Club – Early College High (12:12 PM)
- Best Practices for Job Search: Onsite – Anaheim Workforce Connection (1:00 p.m.)
Orange County Notebook
- Orange County Sheriff’s Department, California: “Happy National Cafe with a cop day It was great to be back in the community to meet you all.” (Facebook)
- Orange County Register: “How a small historic business located on the sands of Newport Pier hopes to survive the massive oil spill that will challenge all local fisheries.” (Facebook).
- Orange County Register: “The apartment complex, proposed just south of Cal State Fullerton, would be rented by the bed, with occupants renting a place in a furnished unit. Apartment sizes would vary from micro-units to four-bedroom, townhouses. on two levels. ” (Facebook).
- Orange County Register: “Huntington Beach police were called Tuesday at 11:40 pm on Walnut Avenue and Third Street, where they found two men with gunshot wounds. ” (Facebook).
- Orange County Register: “Michael Huntley takes a close look at what worked, what didn’t and who won a helmet sticker.” (Facebook)
From our sponsors – thank you for supporting the local news!
- Camino De Santiago Nature School – Innovative place-based education in OC for Kindergarten to Grade 6. (Visit the website).
- Caring companions at home – Home care for the elderly (Visit the website).
- JDC Conception & Consulting – Landscaping at its best (Visit website).
- The appliance coach – Appliance repair: We offer evening hours (Visit the website).
- ABC Heating & Air Conditioning – Reliable air conditioning and heating repair, installation and tune-up (visit website).
- Add your business here.
- San Clemente Garden Club Sale of fall plants and flea market treasures (October 9).
- Tune in to the excitement! (October 9).
- 10 10 10 A Sweet Day in LA … Kids attend the sweetest donut party ever! (October 10).
- Ask the Doctors: An Elderly Appreciation Event (October 13).
- Retirement Tax Webinar (October 14).
- The Bentley Celebrity Golf Tournament (October 15).
- Girl Scouts Nature Discovery Party (October 15).
- Press Play with Girl Scouts Party (October 16).
- Add your event
You are all taken for today. I’ll see you soon! If you like these newsletters, consider inviting some of your friends and neighbors to read them. You can send them this link to subscribe.
– Ashley ludwig
About me: Ashley Ludwig has been an online news columnist and editor since 2007. Prior to joining Patch, she worked as an editor for Southwest Riverside’s Valley News, both print and online. She was the co-founder of the Southern California news conglomerate, DailySoCal.com – and before that, a freelance reporter for publications such as the North County Times, San Diego Union-Tribune, and Southwest Riverside News Network (SWRNN. com), and still owns the local Southern California Wine Country blog: TemeculaGrapevine.com. Ashley Ludwig has been working as a web writer since the late 1990s. She graduated from the University of Arizona with a Bachelor of Arts and Science degree. Wife and mother of two daughters, she is the author of several romantic thrillers. www.ashleyludwig.com
Do you have any advice or suggestion for an upcoming Orange County Daily? You can contact me at [email protected]