Hello, neighbors! Ashley Ludwig here with today’s edition of the Orange County Daily.
First, the weather forecast for the day:
Partly sunny and cool. High: 76 Low: 63.
In Orange County, beaches remain closed due to the large oil spill and seepage along the coastline from Huntington and Newport Beach south to Dana Point. No swimming, surfing or fishing for the foreseeable future, officials say.
Here are the best stories today in Orange County:
- How did the oil spill start? why did officials take so long to respond? the 144,000 gallon event is now being treated as a “worst case” spill, according to the Coast Guard. (Orange County crest).
- On a strange night when workers in Haz-Mat coveralls cleared the shores, thunder and lightning rocked the county skies. (Orange County crest).
- CA Oil Spill Worst In Recent History: 5 Things To Know (Orange County Patch).
- Do you want to help Orange County wildlife? With government officials telling volunteers to stay away, we’ve found a way for you to get involved. (Orange County crest).
- Do you like to watch the night sky as much as we do? Look up to see draconid and orionid meteors over California. Here’s when. (Orange County crest).
Today’s Orange County Daily is brought to you by RVshare. From the Blue Ridge Mountains to Yosemite National Park, satisfy your desire to travel in safe and affordable rentals by RVshare. Discover the best RV travel destinations for fall!
Today in Orange County:
- Worship committee meeting – Temple Beth Sholom (more information).
- Faculty Meeting (School Wide Events) – Rancho Alamitos High (7:30 am).
- Baby and Me Story Time – Huntington Beach Public Library (10 a.m.).
- OC 3rd District Career Fair – Greater Irvine Chamber of Commerce (10 am).
Orange County Notebook
- Orange County Sheriff’s Department, California: “The Orange County Sheriff’s Department deployed its first body-worn cameras for patrol officers on Monday, October 4, kicking off the phased program to equip all patrol personnel with cameras by the end of 2022.” (Facebook).
- Orange County Sheriff’s Department, California: “By keeping your home and car locked at all times, you are making a significant effort to protect yourself, your family, your valuables and your privacy. #TickTuesday” (Facebook).
- OC Parks: “As of October 4 at 11:00 am, the following closures are in effect: • Orange County closes Newport Beach harbor, OC Parks Bayside Beach closes due to oil spill • OC Parks closures at Laguna Beach due to an oil spill “(Instagram).
- Orange County Goodwill: “Watch out for job seekers! Come say hello to the Orange County 3rd District Career Fair at Irvine Valley College this Wednesday, October 6 from 10:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. To register for free, visit: https://bit.ly/ 2YjSp7q “(Facebook).
From our sponsors – thank you for supporting the local news!
- Camino De Santiago Nature School – Innovative place-based education in OC for Kindergarten to Grade 6. (Visit the website).
- Caring companions at home – Home care for the elderly (Visit the website).
- JDC Conception & Consulting – Landscaping at its best (Visit website).
- The appliance coach – Appliance repair: We offer evening hours (Visit the website).
- ABC Heating & Air Conditioning – Reliable air conditioning and heating repair, installation and tune-up (visit website).
- Add your business here.
- San Clemente Garden Club Sale of fall plants and flea market treasures (October 9).
- Tune in to the excitement! (October 9).
- 10 10 10 A Sweet Day in LA … Kids attend the sweetest donut party ever! (October 10).
- The Bentley Celebrity Golf Tournament (October 15).
- Add your event.
Concerts and services:
You are officially in the loop for today! See you soon. If you like these newsletters, consider bringing in some of your friends and neighbors. You can send them this link to subscribe.
– Ashley ludwig
About Me: Ashley Ludwig has been an online news columnist and editor since 2007. Prior to joining Patch, she worked as an editor for Southwest Riverside’s Valley News, both print and online. She was the co-founder of the Southern California news conglomerate, DailySoCal.com – and before that, a freelance reporter for publications such as the North County Times, San Diego Union-Tribune, and Southwest Riverside News Network (SWRNN. com), and still owns the local Southern California Wine Country blog: TemeculaGrapevine.com. Ashley Ludwig has been working as a web writer since the late 1990s. She graduated from the University of Arizona with a Bachelor of Arts and Science degree. Wife and mother of two daughters, she is the author of several romantic thrillers. www.ashleyludwig.com
Do you have any advice or suggestion for an upcoming Orange County Daily? I’m all ears. You can contact me at [email protected]